Jesus said,"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free" (Luke 4:18 NIV). We endeavor to follow his lead by doing the same.
At Journey to Heal Ministries we endeavor to help women heal from past sexual trauma by leading them to the hope and healing found in Jesus Christ, through providing helpful resources, Biblical mentoring, and life-giving support and community to help women go beyond merely surviving their past to thriving in the abundant life they were created to live.
Journey to Heal Ministries is a U.S. 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded on the Gospel of Jesus Christ - offering help, hope, and healing to all women who have experienced sexual trauma. We are committed to steward this organization with the following core values at the heart of everything we do:
- community and partnership (Gal. 6:2,3)
- confidentiality and respect (Prov. 11:13)
- stewardship and care (1Peter 4:10-11)
- integrity and accountability (2 Cor. 8:21)
- excellence and professionalism (Col. 3:23)
- courage and freedom (Joshua 1:9)
- creativity and passion (Eph. 2:10)
- vision and leadership (Prov. 16:9)
- humility and servanthood (Gal. 5:13)
- compassion and love (Col. 3:12)
- inclusivity and unity (Phil. 2:2)
- consistency in prayer (1 Thess. 5:16-18)
- Christ-centeredness (Joshua 24:15)
A word from our founder...
When I first began my own journey of healing years ago, I felt alone and in desperate need of guidance and community with other women who shared my story - particularly women who had found hope and healing in Jesus Christ. Since the launch of my book, Journey to Heal: Seven Essential Steps of Recovery for Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse, and with God's guidance and the help of many others, I've endeavored to create that kind of community for women by providing safe places to process their stories and work through the essential steps of healing covered in my book while leading them to the One true Healer, Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for the amazing people God has put in my life to share in this ministry, and we are working together to provide help, hope, and healing for all women who have experienced sexual trauma.
Crystal Sutherland, Founder & President/CEO